HE team at Cal's Manufacturing Limited has put together an activity package for racing fans and for the winners on the day, Saturday October 13, 2018 at Caymanas Park and at selected Off-Track Betting Parlours including:
• Sampling of Cal's products (mackerel, corned beef, and soup among other items)
• The Spin the Wheel game where fans will be able to win Cal's gift baskets, lanterns, caps, wine, liquors, Cal's Ketchup, and other items — Wheels will be located in the Grand Stand and Club Stand — Cost: $300 per spin.
• One lucky fan will win a 14-karat Gold Chain
• Breakfast at the winning post on Friday, October 12, 2018 (Cal's mackerel served with banana, dumplings and yam)
- Winning Owner – Gold Cup, 10 bags of Feed, Cal's Gift Basket
- Trainer – Trophy & Cal's Ketchup
- Breeder – Trophy & Cal's Ketchup
- Jockey – Trophy & Cal's Gift Basket
- Groom – Trophy & 6 pack Real Vibes
- Nine other races:
- Winning Owner – 10 bags of feed
- Trainer – Cal's Ketchup
- Jockey – Cal's Gift Baskets
- Groom – 6 pack Real Vibes
Sabrina Thomas (left) and Carol Ivey of Cal's Manufacturing Ltd hold the Jamaica Derby trophy with Cedric Stewart (second right) and Denzil Miller of CTL
Cal's Manufacturing Limited was officially announced as the title sponsors for the Jamaica Derby at a press conference on Wednesday at Caymanas Park. The 95th renewal of the Blue Riband event is scheduled to be run on Saturday June 13.
Arizona Gold with Shane Ellis. (PHOTOS: JOSEPH WELLINGTON)
A total of 24 horses have been provisionally entered for the Cal's Jamaica Derby scheduled to be run on Saturday June 13. All the noted horses are there including Siempre Bueno, Alacrann, Ali Baba and Poker Star.